Affiliate marketing is a part of the Internet that can be very profitable if done right.
There are several ways to try affiliate marketing for yourself, but being taken by the hand and learning the process of how to achieve profit through affiliate marketing with an experienced teacher is the best way to do it.
You can go out and try affiliate marketing yourself, but that won’t always work for you.
You need a teacher.
Someone who will take you by the hand and teach you what you need to know.
There is a platform where you can learn how to do affiliate marketing the right way.
That platform is Wealthy Affiliate.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a platform that teaches members how to become an affiliate marketer.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is where you, the affiliate, promotes products with a special tracking code. If someone makes a purchase through your link that contains the special tracking code, you get a percentage of that purchase from the seller of that product or service you are promoting.
Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to generate income through an affiliate marketing business.
Teaching you step-by-step how to make affiliate marketing successful for you.
What I like about Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is a very large community of passionate affiliate marketers. As of 2020, Wealthy Affiliate claims to have over 1.4 million members.
This is not just a number though, you can interact with other people within the community. You can ask questions, comment on posts, write on a blog, like posts, etc.
Going away from that, I’ll list for you one by one what I like about Wealthy Affiliate.
- The affiliate program that Wealthy Affiliate offers is incredible, and the commissions are great
- The community at Wealthy Affiliate is super active
- The training sets you up with what you need to know to get started with affiliate marketing
- Making and managing a website is super easy
- You can create up to 50 websites within Wealthy Affiliate
- You are taught good practices throughout the training like writing honest reviews
What I don’t like about Wealthy Affiliate
Not everything is perfect, and I know that after reviewing several products before this review of Wealthy Affiliate today.
I’ll go through them one by one.
- You get an email anytime anything related to your account happens
- The free training is up to date, but the premium training (the stuff you pay for) is outdated
- Wealthy Affiliate wants you to join Amazon’s affiliate program, even though commission percentages are dropping and are much lower than most other commission percentages of pretty much any other program
- Never brought up affiliate disclosures in the training, which a lack of them in your website can get you and your website in trouble if you are doing affiliate marketing there (Read our article on 6 Laws For Bloggers where we cover affiliate disclosures there)
How Much Does Wealthy Affiliate Cost?
You can try Wealthy Affiliate completely free for as long as you like, but if you want to get more out of the platform, you can upgrade.
There is the premium membership within Wealthy Affiliate that, at the time of writing this, is $20 for your first month and $49 after that.
When you decide to go premium, you get…
- Access to all of the training
- Full use of the Jaaxy keyword research tool
- Access to live events and classes
- Your Wealthy Affiliate blog
You can go for the yearly plan instead of where you pay $495 a year (93% less than the monthly plan) and still get all of the benefits of the premium plan.
Would I Recommend Wealthy Affiliate?
If you have a desire for gaining wealth online and you are willing to put in the work to succeed as an affiliate marketer, Wealthy Affiliate is for you!
Why do I say this?
For starters, the platform, community, and affiliate program are all incredible.
You don’t have to code your website, you don’t have to create your own server to run your website, all of that is handled by Wealthy Affiliate.
The process of actually creating a website is more simple than I thought, and maintaining it is even simpler.
All you have to do is write content, and you are well on your way towards earning affiliate commissions.
As to do with affiliate marketing, you should expect it to take a while before you gain a full time living off of it. This is because you need to give it time for people to come to your site and consistently give you commissions on the products or services you are promoting.
If you are willing to put in the time to generate these commissions and you are willing the put in the time to bring people to your site, then Wealthy Affiliate is for you.
If you are interested in learning how to make your business successful, read our article on How To Make Your Business Successful.
While you are at it, consider subscribing to our email list.
If you have any further questions about anything listed here, or you just want to talk about this topic, leave a comment below this article and I will do my best to answer.